Surname: Bu, Bubu, the baby, the chihuahua, the aircraft carrier
Date of birth: 17/10/2009
Height: 63 cm
Not suitable for breeding
Position in the pack: Ewok is very, very sensitive on one hand and veryn very macho on the other hand. He would like to see himself as leader of the pack even if the idea frightens him a little. But he just isn't made for the job. Maybe because he has been raised by two females? Jaakko has been the boss when Ewok grew up but he was very relaxed and intervened little. Ewok is very protectif of "his" females. Ebi has adopted and raised him when she was only 6 months old. Still now the two of them love each other. With other males Ewok feels forced to act like a muscular macho and very obsessed by procedure and hierarchy. You can't find a husky more protective of his pack than Ewok! He is obsessed who pisses where and who may got to see whom. Fortunately he is the only one like that in our pack. Which destabilises him quite a bit as the others just don't understand why he gets stressed so quickly. Because in reality Ewok is really friendly, he is just a little afraid of males he doesn't know.
Position in the team: any. He is as good in lead as he is everywhere else. He slightly prefers to be in team or wheel but he does nice work in lead. He has eyes behind his ears and will always be very attentive to what I wish. Ewok would do absolutely anything for us. So if we wish for him to go in lead, he will do everything to be a good leader. In new situations he may look back sometimes to check if everything is still okay. He needs to know permanently that we are proud of him and that he does a great job.
Ewok is very powerfull and very fast. Being 100% concernend about what I want he is my best dog for cycling and roller skating (dog powered roller skates really gets your adrenaline going!).
- Very obedient and always willing to please us. He is the only siberian I could walk without leash very rapidly and only with a minimum of education. Ewok is really unique in that point. I often say that he is a setter dressed up as a husky.
- A super working dog. Powerfull, quick and obedient he is a super sled dog.
- Very strong he is an excellent hiking dog. On our 5 day hike he carried 8 (!) kg of equipement since he got bored with the 5kg I had planned for him. Strong as an ox!
- He absolutely loves us and is by far our most affectionate dog. He is obsessed by lying on our lap on his back to make us rub his belly. This is where his surname "chichuahua" comes from.
- Very talkative. He is the only dog I cannot silence when I open the door of the pen. He is very expressive which isn't a fault en such. Ewok talks all the time. And even more when he is excited. But sometimes he barks a little too much.
- A "crazy licker". He licks every hand he can get his tongue on, he just can't help himself. Ok, this could be considered rather cute but you know sometimes...
- His sensitivity. I have to say that this isn't a weakness in reality, it's just that I personally have difficulties to deal with it. Ewok is connected to us all the time and has to be reasured all the time. My husband loves it. He is a little anxious in new situations and with new people, even though he has had a very good socialisation. I knew his mother and had no idea where he has got this personality from. It was when I got to know his father that I came to understand. His father has exactly the same caracter and his owners appreciate very much.
Ewok and Ebi, his adoptive mother and "big sister"
Ewok was our cutest puppy, a real beauty!
His mother, Astrale Léva-Nève (Rickless LN x Play Boy LN).
Rickless is the sister of Rocket and (Rolling) Stone (living with Catherine Mathis) and Rainbow (who has run the Yukon Quest)
His father, Vatito de Abodi "Cody" (Maia de Abodi x Zikin de Abodi)
Roots was our second husky and came to us when he was 8 years old in order to teach Daika (6 months old) and us what is a good sleddog. He turned out a very good leader who taught me a lot.
Surname: Roots Boots
Date of birth: 25/10/2000
Date of death: 13/08/2015 at the age of almost 15 years
Height: 59 cm
Weight: 24 kg
Only good memories of little Roots!
Position in the pack: everybody's buddy. He likes everybody and averybody likes Roots. Pack hierarchy isn't his cup of tea. He loves little dogs and adores to play with little white bichons. You d'say the wolf is playing with the sheep!
Position in the team: Leader. Always on track and motivated Roots has saved me more than one time when young Daika had subversive ideas on his side or even in the back of the team. After two years of running together he even could distinguish the directions for 90° and 45° turns on trackless fields.
- One of the most motivated dogs at work I have ever seen. A very good leader
- Finished La Grande Odyssée 2005 with his breeder Valérie
- His open and curious mind. When he moved from the mountainside to the city he loved to discover everything. Still now, when you take him for a walk, his tail wags constantly and his face is smiling!
- His kindness.
- Little wolf, he is a real beauty. I love his colour.
- A little shy he never comes by himself to ask for a pet. It took him almost years to be fully at his ease inside the house.
- A little slow of mind when sledding is not concerned. It took me 2 years to teach him "sit" and after 5 years he still doesn't understand "lie down".
- Isn't built for speed. He has always been our slowest dog and the reason why we haven't participated in any races. We have slowed down the youngsters until his final retirement when he was 12 years old.
Daika and Roots (sitting)
Date of birth : 08/07/2014
Heigth: we will see
Weight: we will see
Health: we will see
Position in the pack: We will see but Jemma already has lots of caracter! She knows what she wants and how to make herselve understood, she backs down before nothing and nobody. True daughter of her parents, Daika and Fritz, she remarquably looks like her grand-father Jaakko.
Position in the team: we will see
Strengths: we will see but we already see a little bit
- Very confident and independent she needs neither us nor the pack to find her way
- Our little beauty
Weaknesses: we will see but we already see a little bit
- Needs quite a deal of education to listen to us
Surname: Bi, Bibi
Date of birth: 02/07/2009
Health: HD A (no dysplasia), eyes OK
Fit for breeding, National Specalty 2011: very good
Position in the pack: Calm and always well behaved Ebi doesn't any trouble. I think she could have been a good boss but she visibly doesn't want the job. She lets Daika get a away with all her crazy fits, event when she isn't in humor at all to be crazy Daika's punching ball. But at some rare occasions Ebi speaks up and when she does she is immediately respected by everyone. Ebi and Ewok (Bi and Bu, you see?) are inseparable and adore each other. Ebi plays with nobody else, even if she participates in the general coursing games. Ebi has been raised by Daika with a stong hand but also in a very affectionate way, she has taken the job very seriously. Ebi has done the same thing for Ewok whom she has raised like a big sister.
Position in the theam: Lead dog. Ebi is a born leader. She loves the job and is looking for new trails as much as I am. She is the only one who after 5 tours on a circular trail of 2km still aims pour another tour with enthousiasm when everybody else is already bored to death.
- Her kindness. Ebi is a kind dog who wants to offend nobody. When she was a puppy she has been well behaved from the begining and always more mature than her age.
- The center of gravity of our pack. Calm and mature she counter-balances de fits of crazyness of Daika and Fritz.
- In the dog team she is my new brain since Roots' retirement
- A super hiking dog. She wisely manages her efforts for the long run. This way she can carry a maximum of weight with a minimum of soreness.
- Can walk without leash.
Ebi at 7 weeks. I love this pig's nose!
- Her politness. She rarely asks for attention and comes by herselve even if she likes the contact with us a lot. I have to admit Ebi is for me some kind of extra terrestial. Even when she was a puppy I have never been able to find out a way to come through to her. No game, no toy that would passion her. I still try to learn her language and understand her.
- Since she is very economic with her efforts we have to teach her to trust us and to give everything she has over the whole run.
- She is a real bulldozer when she is affectonate (just like Roots).
Her mother Colima de Blau Fontein (Vodka de Blau Fontein x Polar Speed Dallas)
Her father Polar Speed Golja (Polar Speed Solo x Blondy av Vargevass)
Date of birth: 06/02/2008
Health: HD A (no dysplasia), eyes OK
Recommended for breeding "1st choice" by the french kennel club at the Siberian Husky Specialty 2009
Position in the pack: the boss, she has taken the job after the death of her father, Jaakko. Like Jaakko she uses her brain and not her muscles to manage the others. She doesn't need to fight and obeys very well so that she may even let another unknown female growl at her if I tell her to. Having grown up in a big city (Lyon) and played with dogs of every breed and age she comes along very well with any dog or person. She loves racing other dogs (because she is the fastest of them all!).
Position in the dog team: wheel. Because she is really, really strong and because I don't trust her in lead. Event though she knows the directions and my husband swears she is a genius in lead.
- Exceptionnal athletic abilities. She is our fastest dog and pulls like a male. She has a fluid lope like no other of our dogs. Like a serpent (watch the video).
- Absolute confidence in herself and the world around her. Puppy she played ball at the central station of Lyon... She encounters any new situation or person with curiosity and total lack of fear.
- Near-supernatural intelligence. Daika understands everything we say, even if this doesn't mean that she does everything we tell her to! She clearly herited this of her father Jaakko.
- Since she was our first dog she profited the most of classic education. She knows to walk heel with and without leash and know several tricks (say please, jump into my arms, leg slalom, dead, paw.
- Queen Daika has an ego like no other dog. Having been our first husky she didn't benefit of adult female dogs that would have helped her find her place and we have not been able to do it ourselves. She thinks herself center of the world and puts her own interest over those of the team. This is why I don't use her as lead dog. She thinks rules are for everyone but her and always needs an extra reminder.
- Poor feet and hates pain: she needs booties on all runs on dirt
National Specialty 2009, "recommended 1st choice"
Her mother: Vladi Léva-Nève (daughter of Rocket LN and Play-boy LN)
Her father (sitting) : Polar Speed Jaakko (son of PS Alugay and PS Hiluway) and her half-brother Tolkien LN