Par dolinavolka le 9 June 2015 à 16:59
Date of birth : 08/07/2014
Heigth: we will see
Weight: we will see
Health: we will see
Position in the pack: We will see but Jemma already has lots of caracter! She knows what she wants and how to make herselve understood, she backs down before nothing and nobody. True daughter of her parents, Daika and Fritz, she remarquably looks like her grand-father Jaakko.
Position in the team: we will see
Strengths: we will see but we already see a little bit
- Very confident and independent she needs neither us nor the pack to find her way
- Our little beauty
Weaknesses: we will see but we already see a little bit
- Needs quite a deal of education to listen to us
Par dolinavolka le 9 June 2015 à 16:47
Surname: Bi, Bibi
Date of birth: 02/07/2009
Health: HD A (no dysplasia), eyes OK
Fit for breeding, National Specalty 2011: very good
Position in the pack: Calm and always well behaved Ebi doesn't any trouble. I think she could have been a good boss but she visibly doesn't want the job. She lets Daika get a away with all her crazy fits, event when she isn't in humor at all to be crazy Daika's punching ball. But at some rare occasions Ebi speaks up and when she does she is immediately respected by everyone. Ebi and Ewok (Bi and Bu, you see?) are inseparable and adore each other. Ebi plays with nobody else, even if she participates in the general coursing games. Ebi has been raised by Daika with a stong hand but also in a very affectionate way, she has taken the job very seriously. Ebi has done the same thing for Ewok whom she has raised like a big sister.
Position in the theam: Lead dog. Ebi is a born leader. She loves the job and is looking for new trails as much as I am. She is the only one who after 5 tours on a circular trail of 2km still aims pour another tour with enthousiasm when everybody else is already bored to death.
- Her kindness. Ebi is a kind dog who wants to offend nobody. When she was a puppy she has been well behaved from the begining and always more mature than her age.
- The center of gravity of our pack. Calm and mature she counter-balances de fits of crazyness of Daika and Fritz.
- In the dog team she is my new brain since Roots' retirement
- A super hiking dog. She wisely manages her efforts for the long run. This way she can carry a maximum of weight with a minimum of soreness.
- Can walk without leash.
Ebi at 7 weeks. I love this pig's nose!
- Her politness. She rarely asks for attention and comes by herselve even if she likes the contact with us a lot. I have to admit Ebi is for me some kind of extra terrestial. Even when she was a puppy I have never been able to find out a way to come through to her. No game, no toy that would passion her. I still try to learn her language and understand her.
- Since she is very economic with her efforts we have to teach her to trust us and to give everything she has over the whole run.
- She is a real bulldozer when she is affectonate (just like Roots).
Her mother Colima de Blau Fontein (Vodka de Blau Fontein x Polar Speed Dallas)
Her father Polar Speed Golja (Polar Speed Solo x Blondy av Vargevass)
Par dolinavolka le 9 June 2015 à 16:16
Date of birth: 06/02/2008
Health: HD A (no dysplasia), eyes OK
Recommended for breeding "1st choice" by the french kennel club at the Siberian Husky Specialty 2009
Position in the pack: the boss, she has taken the job after the death of her father, Jaakko. Like Jaakko she uses her brain and not her muscles to manage the others. She doesn't need to fight and obeys very well so that she may even let another unknown female growl at her if I tell her to. Having grown up in a big city (Lyon) and played with dogs of every breed and age she comes along very well with any dog or person. She loves racing other dogs (because she is the fastest of them all!).
Position in the dog team: wheel. Because she is really, really strong and because I don't trust her in lead. Event though she knows the directions and my husband swears she is a genius in lead.
- Exceptionnal athletic abilities. She is our fastest dog and pulls like a male. She has a fluid lope like no other of our dogs. Like a serpent (watch the video).
- Absolute confidence in herself and the world around her. Puppy she played ball at the central station of Lyon... She encounters any new situation or person with curiosity and total lack of fear.
- Near-supernatural intelligence. Daika understands everything we say, even if this doesn't mean that she does everything we tell her to! She clearly herited this of her father Jaakko.
- Since she was our first dog she profited the most of classic education. She knows to walk heel with and without leash and know several tricks (say please, jump into my arms, leg slalom, dead, paw.
- Queen Daika has an ego like no other dog. Having been our first husky she didn't benefit of adult female dogs that would have helped her find her place and we have not been able to do it ourselves. She thinks herself center of the world and puts her own interest over those of the team. This is why I don't use her as lead dog. She thinks rules are for everyone but her and always needs an extra reminder.
- Poor feet and hates pain: she needs booties on all runs on dirt
National Specialty 2009, "recommended 1st choice"
Her mother: Vladi Léva-Nève (daughter of Rocket LN and Play-boy LN)
Her father (sitting) : Polar Speed Jaakko (son of PS Alugay and PS Hiluway) and her half-brother Tolkien LN
Follow this section's article RSS flux
Follow this section's comments RSS flux