Par dolinavolka le 10 June 2015 à 10:06
Surname: Juli (say "Yoolie")
Date of birth : 05/07/2014
Height: we will see
Weight: we will see
Health: we will see
Position in the pack: we will see. Playful and easy he goes along well with everybody. He is very attached to us without being overly sensitive. He is very easy to live with and to take out to walks. This dog has chosen me and loves me, what more can you ask for!
Position in the team: we will see.
Strengths: we will see but we already see a little
- Affectionate and playful this dog loves me
- Open minded and curious he is easy to take on walks and relishes life
Weaknesses: we will see but we already see a little
- Very talkative but managable Loves to eat our socks!
Par dolinavolka le 10 June 2015 à 09:54
Fritz has rejoined us in summer 2013 when he was 3 years old. He has grown and lived in a long distance kennel and has run 2 seasons (3500km each) there with his breeder Catherine Fontaine-Mathis. We didn't plan on taking him but he got us with his caracter. Further his pedigree, his construction and his working experience made him an ideal partner for a possible litter with Daika. After Jaakko has left us I had like a giant hole in my heart. And Fritz, his grandson, gave me back a little bit of Jaakko in the form of a much younger dog. I have the same bond with him, I am so happy. Thank you Cathrine for having let him go to us!
Surname: Fritzi. Fritz got his new name when he came to us. After one week of trying to call him Chico I gave up and changed his name. Why Fritz? Because I am austrian and have always loved this name!
Date of birth: 22/06/2010
Health: HD C ; eyes OK
Position in the pack: He is the one who has the last word with the other boys. He loves to play with any dog, male or female, outgoing or frightened. He makes everybody fell at ease and have fun together. Always in good humour he is a very relaxed dog. He goes along very well with Daika and also plays often with Roots. Ebi is giving him the cold shoulder and Ewok doesn't understand how another male might want to play with him without caring for who lifts his leg where and who goes where.
Would like to eat Isis the cat but has understood now that I don't want him to do it.
Position in the team: any position. Loads of will to go and very forward oriented in any position. He does a good job in lead where sets a good pace. I like to put him with Ebi: Fritz for the power and Ebi for the brain. I'm sure that next year he will also learn the directions. In his first life he has run two seasons in a long distance team with a stay in Sweden all winter.
- His caracter. Cool and relaxed, affectionate and full of energy. I love this dog! Our dog team cruise missile. Thank you Catherine for having taught him the job so well!
- Thinks he is a kangaroo and jumps up and down like a rubber ball when he is excited.
- I very interested in Isis, I prefer to keep an eye on him. Can not (yet?) be unleashed. If ever I get there it will be lots, lots of work.
His mother, Ultra Léva-Nève (Shamane LN x Polar Speed Jaakko)
His father, T'Georges du Fur Rendez-Vous (Rolling Stone Léva-Nève x Pepite du Fur RDV)
Par dolinavolka le 10 June 2015 à 09:12
Surname: Bu, Bubu, the baby, the chihuahua, the aircraft carrier
Date of birth: 17/10/2009
Height: 63 cm
Not suitable for breeding
Position in the pack: Ewok is very, very sensitive on one hand and veryn very macho on the other hand. He would like to see himself as leader of the pack even if the idea frightens him a little. But he just isn't made for the job. Maybe because he has been raised by two females? Jaakko has been the boss when Ewok grew up but he was very relaxed and intervened little. Ewok is very protectif of "his" females. Ebi has adopted and raised him when she was only 6 months old. Still now the two of them love each other. With other males Ewok feels forced to act like a muscular macho and very obsessed by procedure and hierarchy. You can't find a husky more protective of his pack than Ewok! He is obsessed who pisses where and who may got to see whom. Fortunately he is the only one like that in our pack. Which destabilises him quite a bit as the others just don't understand why he gets stressed so quickly. Because in reality Ewok is really friendly, he is just a little afraid of males he doesn't know.
Position in the team: any. He is as good in lead as he is everywhere else. He slightly prefers to be in team or wheel but he does nice work in lead. He has eyes behind his ears and will always be very attentive to what I wish. Ewok would do absolutely anything for us. So if we wish for him to go in lead, he will do everything to be a good leader. In new situations he may look back sometimes to check if everything is still okay. He needs to know permanently that we are proud of him and that he does a great job.
Ewok is very powerfull and very fast. Being 100% concernend about what I want he is my best dog for cycling and roller skating (dog powered roller skates really gets your adrenaline going!).
- Very obedient and always willing to please us. He is the only siberian I could walk without leash very rapidly and only with a minimum of education. Ewok is really unique in that point. I often say that he is a setter dressed up as a husky.
- A super working dog. Powerfull, quick and obedient he is a super sled dog.
- Very strong he is an excellent hiking dog. On our 5 day hike he carried 8 (!) kg of equipement since he got bored with the 5kg I had planned for him. Strong as an ox!
- He absolutely loves us and is by far our most affectionate dog. He is obsessed by lying on our lap on his back to make us rub his belly. This is where his surname "chichuahua" comes from.
- Very talkative. He is the only dog I cannot silence when I open the door of the pen. He is very expressive which isn't a fault en such. Ewok talks all the time. And even more when he is excited. But sometimes he barks a little too much.
- A "crazy licker". He licks every hand he can get his tongue on, he just can't help himself. Ok, this could be considered rather cute but you know sometimes...
- His sensitivity. I have to say that this isn't a weakness in reality, it's just that I personally have difficulties to deal with it. Ewok is connected to us all the time and has to be reasured all the time. My husband loves it. He is a little anxious in new situations and with new people, even though he has had a very good socialisation. I knew his mother and had no idea where he has got this personality from. It was when I got to know his father that I came to understand. His father has exactly the same caracter and his owners appreciate very much.
Ewok and Ebi, his adoptive mother and "big sister"
Ewok was our cutest puppy, a real beauty!
His mother, Astrale Léva-Nève (Rickless LN x Play Boy LN).
Rickless is the sister of Rocket and (Rolling) Stone (living with Catherine Mathis) and Rainbow (who has run the Yukon Quest)
His father, Vatito de Abodi "Cody" (Maia de Abodi x Zikin de Abodi)
Par dolinavolka le 9 June 2015 à 19:02
Roots was our second husky and came to us when he was 8 years old in order to teach Daika (6 months old) and us what is a good sleddog. He turned out a very good leader who taught me a lot.
Surname: Roots Boots
Date of birth: 25/10/2000
Date of death: 13/08/2015 at the age of almost 15 years
Height: 59 cm
Weight: 24 kg
Only good memories of little Roots!
Position in the pack: everybody's buddy. He likes everybody and averybody likes Roots. Pack hierarchy isn't his cup of tea. He loves little dogs and adores to play with little white bichons. You d'say the wolf is playing with the sheep!
Position in the team: Leader. Always on track and motivated Roots has saved me more than one time when young Daika had subversive ideas on his side or even in the back of the team. After two years of running together he even could distinguish the directions for 90° and 45° turns on trackless fields.
- One of the most motivated dogs at work I have ever seen. A very good leader
- Finished La Grande Odyssée 2005 with his breeder Valérie
- His open and curious mind. When he moved from the mountainside to the city he loved to discover everything. Still now, when you take him for a walk, his tail wags constantly and his face is smiling!
- His kindness.
- Little wolf, he is a real beauty. I love his colour.
- A little shy he never comes by himself to ask for a pet. It took him almost years to be fully at his ease inside the house.
- A little slow of mind when sledding is not concerned. It took me 2 years to teach him "sit" and after 5 years he still doesn't understand "lie down".
- Isn't built for speed. He has always been our slowest dog and the reason why we haven't participated in any races. We have slowed down the youngsters until his final retirement when he was 12 years old.
Daika and Roots (sitting)
Follow this section's article RSS flux
Follow this section's comments RSS flux